General Labor Position (Entry to mid-level)
GENERAL LABOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Waldron Designs is an award-winning design-build firm on Vashon Island. Our focus is on sustainable and healthy interior renovations and builds. We currently have a General Labor position. The right candidate will be eager to learn, and have a passion for home improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Perform rough & finish carpentry to the company's standards of quality and according to the job site lead's direction and supervision.
- Assist with demolition as well as the installation of cabinets, trim, framing, and painting among other general job-site duties.
- Interact positively and collaboratively with the Homeowner and Design Team.
- Errand running: dump runs, material runs, etc.
- Additional needed work as requested by job site lead and project superintendent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player
- Eagerness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Computer/app literate
- Neat appearance, Reliable vehicle (preferably truck or van- note that we reimburse for tracked mileage)
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 60 lbs.
- Washington State drivers' license and good driving record.
Entry to mid-level pay ranges from $20-25/hr to start with a 90-day evaluation period. If you are a carpenter with more experience, we would still be interested in chatting!
We provide medical & dental insurance for full-time employees and 401k for all employees regardless of status. We also provide referral benefits and if you bring power tools, we will rent them from you for the project. We provide a stipend for hand tools (hammers, screwdrivers, tape measure, etc).
Please apply through our website here. No calls please.