Member Services Coordinator
Job Title: Member Services Coordinator
Location: Vashon Island Chamber of Commerce and remote
Employment Type: Part-time, 10 - 20 hours / week variable seasonally
Compensation: $25 / hour
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
The Vashon Island Chamber of Commerce seeks an organized, community-focused Member Services Coordinator. The ideal candidate excels at tasks and initiatives that deliver strong member services, support member engagement and growth, and produce outstanding events.
- Act as a point of contact for Chamber members, addressing inquiries, providing information, and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in implementing strategies to recruit new members and retain existing members by helping to fulfill and expand member benefits.
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and execution of Chamber events including member events and free public events. This can include on-site management of event logistics as well as venue selection, vendor management, event promotion, volunteer management, and guest services.
- Maintain and update member database, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality of information. Assist in the collection and processing of membership dues and event fees.
- Facilitate member-to-member connections, encourage utilization of Chamber resources and programs.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to ensure that member service delivery and events advance the overall mission and goals of the Chamber.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal skills, adept at email and in answering and returning phone calls.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Chamber members and answer questions.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to build rapport with a diverse range of individuals and organizations.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Facility in the digital world. Proficiency in database management and office software, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe PDF, and Google Suite. This position will engage heavily with the member database.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, successfully and calmly managing multiple priorities and competing interests.
- Knowledge of and experience in event planning and production.
- Familiarity with the Vashon Island business community and its needs is a plus.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a one-page cover letter in PDF format to Amy Drayer at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. The cover letter should demonstrate your writing proficiency and highlight your interest in Vashon’s community, your skills and experience in member or donor services, and your qualifications in event coordination.
The Vashon Island Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.